WHAT IS SCULPTRA?
Scupltra is an FDA-approved biodegradable product called poly-L-lactic acid. It is injected with a cannula under the skin in the deep dermis and works with your body to promote collagen production. As we age we lose collagen, we notice more volume loss in our face and decreased elasticity in the skin, which results in wrinkles. Sculptra helps improve these changes that occur with aging.
HOW MUCH SCULPTRA DO I NEED?
Sculptra promotes collagen in the areas it is injected. It is recommended to inject the entire face which includes, temples, cheeks, nasolabial folds (smile lines) and marionette lines (frown lines at the corner of the lips). This provides a unifom and comprehensive treatment for the whole face. It comes as a vial and it is generally recommended to inject a total of 1 vial for every decade of the patient’s age. For example if you are 40 years old, you would need a total of 4 vials, however the number of vials you need will vary and will be determined during your consultation. Treatments can be divided into 2-3 appointments approximately 3-4 weeks apart.
WHEN WILL I SEE RESULTS?
Results are not immediate and are more noticeable after 4-6 weeks. It takes your body some time to produce the collagen. You will continue to notice improvement every month, which lasts 24 months or longer.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT AFTER THE TREATMENT?
Immediately after the treatment your face looks great! This is because Sculptra is mixed with sterile water and what you are seeing is the volume from the water. This affect goes away within a week and you look the same as before getting your injections. Patience, in 4-6 weeks you will be able to appreciate the effect of the treatment. At that point you may be due for your second injection session.
The risk of bruising is minimal since most providers use a cannula to inject Sculptra. A cannula looks like a needle however it is not sharp so it is less likey to break blood vessels under the skin.
WHY CHOOSE SCULPTRA INJECTIONS IN OCALA, FL?
Sculptra has long-term benefits versus other more short-term skin treatments. Overtime after Sculptra is injected, your face will gradually begin to look fresher and more youthful. It’s biocompatible and is made of synthetic material. Sculptra safely promotes collagen production creating volumizing skin effects. If you want to restore your skin, Sculptra’s lactic acid synthesized formula is minimally invasive, and the results can be life-changing. Contact Arviv Medical Aesthetics in Ocala for Sculptra treatment today!
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO BEFORE AND AFTER THE TREATMENT?
- Avoid anything orally that thins the blood and may cause more bruising such as Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Advil, Fish oils, Vitamin E, alcohol. Ideally, you should stop taking these 3-7 days before your treatment.
- Don’t get sunburned before you come in as this may make the skin more sensitive and painful to inject.
- Try to avoid wearing makeup when you come in for your treatment. It is not a requirement but coming in with a clean face is ideal. Your provider will cleanse you as well prior to treatment.
- Don’t plan any major events in the next few days after the treatment just in case you have some swelling or bruising, you may not want to be socially available. This is a personal preference.
- Lastly, you may take arnica before the treatment for a few days, which may help with bruising.
- The most important thing to do after your treatment is to massage your face for 5 minutes, 5 times a day, for 5 days. This helps spread the product evenly under the skin and prevents and accumulation of product in one place which can result in a little lump under the skin. Your provider will show you how to do this immediately after the injection. IT IS CRUCIAL to follow this step. To get the best results.
- Avoid sunbathing for the next week, and wear sunscreen. When you have inflammation under the skin after injections the sun can cause some uneven darkening of the skin called hyperpigmentation. It is important to wear sunscreen to prevent this.
- Avoid exercise, steam room or sauna in the first 24 hours after treatment. This will minimize swelling, bruising and infection.
- It is okay to shower after the treatment. It is okay to wear makeup 2 hours after the treatment.
- Contact your provider immediately if you think you are developing an adverse reaction such as an allergic reaction, fever, redness, infection.
Prices are subject to change and personalized prices will be provided upon consultation.