Call our Tampa Office at 813-855-0111 or our
Miami office at 305-340-9002 to schedule your consultation.
What is Regenerative Medicine
Just what is regenerative medicine? The world-renowned Mayo Clinic defines regenerative medicine as “a game-changing area of medicine with the potential to fully heal damaged tissues and organs, offering solutions and hope for people who have conditions that are beyond repair.” At our practice, we offer our patients the healing properties of the components in platelet-rich plasma (PRP) to help heal the body’s largest organ, the skin as well as other
Is PRP Right for Me?
If you struggle with any of these issues, PRP may be right for you.
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Skin that needs toning or tightening
- Loss of collagen and skin volume
- Dark circles under the eyes or crow’s feet
- Scarring from acne
- Redness from rosacea or similar skin conditions
- Sagging breasts
- Hair loss
- Decreased male and female sexual performance
How Does PRP Work?
Platelet-rich plasma is a method of self-healing, as it uses an extract from your own blood minimizing the risk of infections or rejection. The extract contains up to five times more proteins, platelets, and growth factors to promote healing and regeneration of the tissues. These properties have been known to medicine for years. Surgeons call upon them to help heal tendons, joints, and ligaments damaged through injury. PRP can also be used to help heal diabetic ulcers and even regrow bones and muscles. Now the same technology can help reduce wrinkles on the face and improve the appearance elsewhere on the body. Treatments can be combined for maximum impact with minimal procedures and minimal downtime.
The clinician begins by drawing blood from the patient, which is run through a centrifuge to separate the plasma from the platelets. The plasma (PRP) is injected back into your skin, or the clinician may use a process called micro-needling. The PRP stimulates a localized stem cell response to produce new tissue. Over time, the stem cell response calls on fibroblasts, which are specific kinds of cells that produce collagen. The fibroblasts replace the damaged tissue with new, healthy skin.
What PRP Procedures Do You Offer?
At Arviv, we offer the following PRP procedures under anesthesia:
- Vampire Facial ® involves microneedling and PRP applied topically.
- Vampire Facial with Injections ® uses both microneedling with HA, peptides, and PRP topically, but PRP injections are added to target certain areas that the client wishes to focus on.
- Vampire Facelifts ® use PRP injections to address skin and problem areas.
- Vampire Breast lifts ® combine micro needling, PRP injections, and Hyaluronic acid to revitalize the decollate or breast area.
- Studio Scalp ® PRP is used to increase hair growth. Thirty minutes of Infrared therapy, Microneedling, and PRP injections are applied to the scalp along with additional option for Acell growth factors.
- O-Shots ® are injections given into the G-spots and clitoris and peri-urethral to wake up blood vessels, nerves, and sensitivity to climax. This procedure can also improve urinary leakage. For the best results, we may recommend Apex M, which does your Kegel exercises for you. The strength of the muscles in the vaginal walls is improved, as well as laxity, sensitivity, and urinary incontinence.
- P-Shots ® are a series of four injections into the penis to improve sensitivity, blood flow, appearance, and firmness of erection.
Rejuvenation via platelet-rich plasma appeals to those looking for a natural solution rather than a chemical one. Blood vessels, skin, and nerves are renewed using components of your own blood. As an added bonus, the procedure involves no downtime, so you can get back to your busy life right away. With the judicious use of anesthesia, PRP injections come with minimal discomfort. Contact us today to find out if PRP might be the answer you’ve been looking to find.
How to Prepare for your PRP treatment?
- Discontinue anti-inflammatory medications 3-4 days prior, avoid aspirin for 1 week prior to treatment. Discuss with your doctor prior to discontinuation of medications that you take regularly and are prescribed to you.
- Discontinue any blood thinning herbs, supplements, or vitamins 1-2 weeks prior to your treatment.
- Discontinue systematic steroids 1-2 week prior to treatment. This needs to be discussed with your doctor, do not stop steroids abruptly on your own.
- Discontinue steroid injections 1 month prior to your treatment. This needs to be discussed with your doctor, do not stop on your own.
- Avoid alcohol for 2-3 days prior to your treatment.
- Eat a healthy breakfast and drink plenty of water on the day of the procedure.
What to do After your PRP treatment and what to Expect?
- You may experience some mild discomfort at the injection site.
- Make sure you stay hydrated.
- Do not take any medications without consulting with your doctor as it may affect the healing process.
- Avoid Anti-inflammatories 2 weeks post procedure. May use Tylenol.
- Avoid herbs, supplements, or vitamins for 3-4 days post procedure.
- Avoid systemic steroids for 2 weeks after your procedure.
- Don’t apply ice after the procedure for 72 hours.
- Don’t take a hot bath or go to the sauna for the first few days after the treatment.
- Avoid alcohol for 1 week after your procedure.
- For scalp procedures and joint procedures, avoid swooning the first 24 hours after your treatment.
- Reduce Caffeine consumption in the first week after treatment.
- Avoid smoking for the first 2 weeks.
Schedule your appointment for 8-12 weeks after your procedure and discuss the need for additional treatments.
Regenerative Medicine Pricing