If your skin is showing its age with more noticeable fine lines and wrinkles or you have acne scarring or active blemishes, fractionated CO2 laser skin resurfacing in Tampa, FL can help you regain your skin’s youthful appearance.
What is Fractional CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing?
Using a CO2 (carbon dioxide) laser, the cells on the surface of the skin are ablated (destroyed) in a fractionated pattern, meaning columns of skin cells are removed leaving the surrounding skin cells intact. This results in faster healing times and less complications. This process promotes the development of new skin cells and new collagen while shrinking pores and improving the texture of the skin.
After the skin’s surface is fully healed, it will be smooth and have a beautiful, youthful glow. Several areas can be treated by the laser including upper and lower eyelids, the entire face, neck, and chest.
Am I a Good Candidate for CO2 Laser Resurfacing in Tampa?
Most people are good candidates for this procedure. People who have sun damage, acne scars or active acne, or wrinkles and fine lines are good candidates for CO2 laser, especially if they have light skin.
However, some people are not good candidates. For example, people with darker skin tones or olive-toned skin may not be candidates for the procedure but this will depend on the condition being treated. Going to an experienced provider is important. Chose a provider who will be able to determine the appropriate setting to reduce risks and side effects. Pregnant women, people who have used Accutane within the past six months are not ideal candidates. For those who have a history of cold sores or shingles, treatment is still an option, but precautionary measures need to be taken to ensure the desired outcome and prevent outbreak.
Even if you are not a candidate for CO2, Dr. Arviv has multiple options for skin resurfacing which allows her to treat all skin types and and skin conditions. Consultations are necessary to determine what treatment is best for your skin.
CO2 Laser Resurfacing Recovery Time & Results
The effects of the procedure continue to work up to 6 months depending on the size of treatment area. You can expect the procedure to take up to two hours depending on treatment area(s). Most cases only require one treatment to achieve the desired results; some require 2 or 3 treatments for additional improvement with deep wrinkles or scars.
Moderate discomfort during the treatment is expected, so you can discuss your tolerance level with the physician before treatment. A topical numbing cream is typically applied and pain relievers can be prescribed to alleviate discomfort. Your physician may also recommend antibiotics or antiviral prophylactic to minimize any risk of infection.
The first few days post-treatment you can expect redness as if sunburned with swelling, and new skin will appear up to a week later. For more aggressive treatments or a weakened immune system, the healing process can be prolonged a few days. Results will vary depending on age, sun exposure, immune system, and lifestyle choices.
Fractional CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing in Tampa, FL
Dr. Arviv provides the best laser skin resurfacing in Tampa. With her extensive knowledge of treating a variety of skin conditions and experience using advanced laser equipment, Dr. Arviv is an expert on laser skin resurfacing.
Dr. Arviv will work with you to create a completely customized treatment plan tailored to your desired outcome. Her friendly and compassionate staff will make you feel comfortable the moment you arrive for your appointment, and Dr. Arviv will ensure all your questions are answered before the procedure.
Treat yourself to healthy younger-looking skin, contact Arviv Medical Aesthetics in Tampa today to schedule an appointment.
SKIN RESURFACING INSTRUCTIONS
- Starting 1 to 2 weeks prior to treatment, increase water intake to 6-8 glasses per day.
- Avoid the sun 4-6 weeks before treatment.
- Your provider may ask you to stop any topical medications or skin care products 3-5 days prior to treatment.
- If you have had a history of perioral herpes simplex virus, your provider may recommend prophylactic antiviral therapy when treating that area. Follow the directions for your particular medication.
- If you are tanned or have a darker skin type, a bleaching regimen may be started 4-6 weeks before treatment.
- RECENTLY TANNED SKIN CANNOT BE TREATED! If treated within 2 weeks of active (natural sunlight or tanning booth) tanning, you may develop hypopigmentation (white spots) and this may not clear for 2-3 months or more.
- The use of self-tanning skin care products must be discontinued one week before treatment. Any residual self-tanner must be removed prior to treatment.
- You MUST avoid bleaching, plucking or waxing hair for 4-6 weeks prior to treatment. The melanin-containing hair must be present in the follicle as it is the “target” for the laser light.
- The treatment area should be cared for delicately until healing is complete. Care should be taken to prevent additional trauma to the treated area for the first 4 to 7 days following treatment.
- Post treatment moist wound healing with soaks and topical ointment (i.e., Aquaphor or A&D ointment) is recommended for at least 3 days and up to 7-10 days in some circumstances.
- Use simple soap cleansers without exfoliators or beads. (i.e., Dial) followed by a moisturizer.
- Edema WILL occur and peak at 2-3 days typically.
- Avoid the sun 4-6 weeks after treatment until your physician allows it.
- Use Sunblock (> 30 SPF) on a regular basis and wear a hat to protect your skin.
- Avoid use of makeup during the first 5 days post-treatment. Once the skin heals, you can apply oil-free makeup to minimize redness, which usually fades in 2 to 3 months.
- Following treatment, excessive perspiration to the treated area may cause tissue disruption. Physical exercise (aerobics, yard work, sports activities) should be discontinued for 7 days to reduce the risk of infection and discomfort.
- Avoid scratching or peeling any scabs to minimize any scarring and preventing any infection.
- We recommend using fresh pillowcases and sheets during your 1st week of downtime.
- Healing should take 5 to 21 days, depending on the condition that was treated.
- You may experience burning or stinging up to 72 hours after treatment. A fan, ice pack, or cold compresses may help after treatment.
- You may experience itching after treatment. Hydrocortisone cream may help.
- Three to seven days after treatment, your skin should become dry and peel.
CO2 – Includes the following:
- Consultation and evaluation
- Medication prescription as needed
- 2-3 hour procedure in office
- Numbing cream and medical supplies
- Post-care skin products
- 1 week post-treatment follow-up
- 1 month post-treatment follow-up
- 4 months post-treatment follow-up
Prices are subject to change and personalized prices will be provided upon consultation.
Arviv Medical Aesthetics – Tampa, FL
11329 Countryway Blvd, Tampa, FL 33626