Call 813-855-0111 to schedule your consultation at our Tampa office.
Fractionated CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing
Fractional C02 is the #1 treatment and Gold Standard for skin resurfacing. Erase years off your face with this treatment resulting in better and even skin tone, smoother skin, removal of sun damage and age spots, pore reduction, skin tightening, reduction in wrinkles, improvement in the appearance of scars and indentations, as well as overall plumping of the face!
The CO2RE versatile fractional system is an outpatient procedure for many skin types that precisely targets and effectively treats the skin’s surface, middle, and deep dermal levels. By targeting water molecules in the human cells, heating tissue and creating microscopically-controlled thermal damage, it forces your own body to produce new collagen and elastin without damaging your epidermal layer. Any acne scars or indentations will be filled in with the new collagen that your body will produce within the course of the next 6 months post-treatment.
The effects of the procedure continue to work up to 6 months depending on the size of treatment area. You can expect the procedure to take up to two hours depending on treatment area(s). Most cases only require one treatment to achieve the desired results; some require 2 or 3 treatments for additional improvement with deep wrinkles or scars.
Moderate discomfort during the treatment is expected, so you can discuss your tolerance level with the physician before treatment. A topical numbing cream is typically applied and pain relievers can be prescribed to alleviate discomfort. Your physician may also recommend antibiotics or antiviral prophylactic to minimize any risk of infection.
The first few days post-treatment you can expect redness as if sunburned with swelling, and new skin will appear up to a week later. For more aggressive treatments or a weakened immune system, the healing process can be prolonged a few days. Results will vary depending on age, sun exposure, immune system, and lifestyle choices.
SKIN RESURFACING INSTRUCTIONS
- Starting 1 to 2 weeks prior to treatment, increase water intake to 6-8 glasses per day.
- Avoid the sun 4-6 weeks before treatment.
- Your provider may ask you to stop any topical medications or skin care products 3-5 days prior to treatment.
- If you have had a history of perioral herpes simplex virus, your provider may recommend prophylactic antiviral therapy when treating that area. Follow the directions for your particular medication.
- If you are tanned or have a darker skin type, a bleaching regimen may be started 4-6 weeks before treatment.
- RECENTLY TANNED SKIN CANNOT BE TREATED! If treated within 2 weeks of active (natural sunlight or tanning booth) tanning, you may develop hypopigmentation (white spots) and this may not clear for 2-3 months or more.
- The use of self-tanning skin care products must be discontinued one week before treatment. Any residual self-tanner must be removed prior to treatment.
- You MUST avoid bleaching, plucking or waxing hair for 4-6 weeks prior to treatment. The melanin-containing hair must be present in the follicle as it is the “target” for the laser light.
- The treatment area should be cared for delicately until healing is complete. Care should be taken to prevent additional trauma to the treated area for the first 4 to 7 days following treatment.
- Post treatment moist wound healing with soaks and topical ointment (i.e., Aquaphor or A&D ointment) is recommended for at least 3 days and up to 7-10 days in some circumstances.
- Use simple soap cleansers without exfoliators or beads. (i.e., Dial) followed by a moisturizer.
- Edema WILL occur and peak at 2-3 days typically.
- Avoid the sun 4-6 weeks after treatment until your physician allows it.
- Use Sunblock (> 30 SPF) on a regular basis and wear a hat to protect your skin.
- Avoid use of makeup during the first 5 days post-treatment. Once the skin heals, you can apply oil-free makeup to minimize redness, which usually fades in 2 to 3 months.
- Following treatment, excessive perspiration to the treated area may cause tissue disruption. Physical exercise (aerobics, yard work, sports activities) should be discontinued for 7 days to reduce the risk of infection and discomfort.
- Avoid scratching or peeling any scabs to minimize any scarring and preventing any infection.
- We recommend using fresh pillowcases and sheets during your 1st week of downtime.
- Healing should take 5 to 21 days, depending on the condition that was treated.
- You may experience burning or stinging up to 72 hours after treatment. A fan, ice pack, or cold compresses may help after treatment.
- You may experience itching after treatment. Hydrocortisone cream may help.
- Three to seven days after treatment, your skin should become dry and peel.
CO2 – Includes the following:
- Consultation and evaluation
- Medication prescription as needed
- 2-3 hour procedure in office
- Numbing cream and medical supplies
- Post-care skin products
- 1 week post-treatment follow-up
- 1 month post-treatment follow-up
- 4 months post-treatment follow-up
|Upper and Lower||$800|
|Upper or Lower||$500|
|Upper Lip and Nasolabial Folds||$600|
|Nose and Cheeks||$875|
|Face and Neck||$2,500|
|Face, Neck and Chest||$3,200|
|Others Small Areas||$300|