Call 813-855-0111 to schedule your consultation at our Tampa office.
Are you looking for a solution to sagging skin? You don’t have to undergo surgery to tighten up problem areas and look younger; PDO threading can combat aging without the risk of going under.
At Arviv Medical Aesthetics, we offer PDO threading as a non-invasive solution to lifting the skin in the face without doing a facelift. With this innovative procedure, you can appear younger and feel more confident with minimal recovery time.
What is PDO Threading?
Surgical facelifts necessitate removing skin to give the face a tighter appearance. PDO threading, on the other hand, doesn’t require any cutting or removal. Instead, sutures are inserted beneath the skin and used to create a lift.
This procedure can address sagging in the neck, forehead, cheeks, and jawline by using the body’s natural healing process to rejuvenate deeper tissue.
What are Threads?
There are different brands of threads on the market, we like to use NovaThreads or MintThreads are polydioxanone threads specifically designed for use in threadlift procedures. Polydioxanone is easily absorbed by the body and is therefore commonly used in biomedical applications.
Threads cost a fraction of what you’d spend on cosmetic surgery, making the procedure more accessible to anyone. With these amazing tools, you can get Hollywood enhancements without having to pay a fortune.
How Do They Work?
Using a needle-like applicator or canula. NovaThreads can be deposited into the dermis or subcutaneous with minimal discomfort. The smooth entry also means there’s no risk of scarring. The threads are molded or barbed which means they have small cuts in the thread that act as hooks allow them to capture the underlying tissue. Once inserted, the skin is engaged with the small cuts in the thread creating a lift when the thread is gently pulled up.
Over four to six months, the NovaThreads gradually dissolve and are absorbed by the body. Due to their chemical makeup, you shouldn’t experience any side effects as a result of this natural process. As they dissolve, collagen is produced which is a network of fibers that hold the skin in place.
What are the Benefits?
PDO threading can offer a variety of benefits to patients looking for a quick, low-impact cosmetic procedure:
- Instant results, including increased firmness
- Short appointment averaging 30-45 minutes
- Minimal Downtime
- Results last from 6 to 24 months
- Minimal prep and aftercare
- Natural-looking results
Cosmetic surgery is out of reach for many people due to its high cost and long recovery time. In contrast, PDO threading can be done over a lunch break and doesn’t require any missed work for recovery.
What Can You Expect from the Procedure?
Once your appointment is completed, you should notice instant lifting in the targeted areas. You may also see some minor swelling and rarely bruising, but this should disappear in a few days. Results depend on individual skin, number of threads placed and severity of skin laxity.
How Can You Make an Appointment?
Are you ready to turn back the clock? Arviv Medical Aesthetics offers a variety of rejuvenating procedures, including PDO threading. To learn more about our services or to schedule an appointment, give us a call at 813-855-0111 or contact us online.
WHAT ARE NOVATHREADS?
They are hypodermic needles preloaded with a PDO Absorbable Suture.
PDO ABSORBABLE SUTURE?
- It’s a synthetic absorbable surgical suture composed of polydioxanone. PDO sutures are used to perform cardiothoracic surgery (such as open-heart surgery). It’s one of the safest materials to be implanted in the body.
- Your skin fully absorbs it within 4 to 6 months & won’t leave you with any scar tissue.
HOW DOES IT WORK? IT’S AMAZINGLY SIMPLE, ACTUALLY!
- In medical terms “Selective Inflammatory Response,” it is the principle behind a lot of the aesthetic procedures (such as Fractional Laser, Chemical Peels, and Microneedling). Our skin is very good at repairing itself, and by inserting NOVATHREADS we make it ‘heal’ itself by creating new collagen, naturally!
YOUR SKIN GENTLY REACTS TO THE INSERTED THREADS
- Yes, PDO is fully absorbable, but that doesn’t mean your skin won’t react to it. During the 4 to 6 months needed to fully absorb the PDO suture, your skin is also repairing itself around it.
- It’s “controlled healing” happening underneath the skin!
NO CUTS OR INCISIONS – PURELY INJECTIONS!
The NovaThreads are needles that are pre-loaded with a PDO thread. Simply insert the whole needle in the interstitial tissue at subdermal level, parallel to the surface of the skin, & pull the needle out.
Prices are subject to change and personalized prices will be provided upon consultation.