If your goal is to visibly reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging without an invasive surgical procedure, a dermal filler like Bellafill can be right for you.
Bellafill injections work immediately to reduce signs of aging and provide long-lasting results. FDA approved and highly rated among clients, this procedure is an effective option that is gaining popularity.
What Are Bellafill Injections?
Bellafill is a dermal filler injection that can be used to treat both fine lines and acne scars. Using a combination of bovine collagen and microbeads made of polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA), Bellafill shows both immediate results and long-lasting effectiveness.
In the short term, the bovine collagen reduces the look of wrinkles and fine lines surrounding the injected area immediately after injection. Over time, this bovine collagen breaks down and is absorbed by the body.
The beads remain behind, serving as connection points for the natural collagen your body produces to attach and remain for several years.
How Does the Bellafill Procedure Work?
Several weeks prior to your procedure appointment, you will be allergy tested for bovine collagen to rule out an allergic reaction complication.
Before the procedure begins, you typically may choose to receive numbing cream on the treatment area. Your provider will mark the treatment area and inject the filler into the skin.
Results can be seen immediately. The injections contain lidocaine to numb any potential injection pain. Procedure time can be as short as 15 minutes and as long as an hour, depending on how many sites are receiving treatment.
What Can Bellafill Injections Do For You?
Bellafill was originally intended for treatment in two areas, the nasolabial folds and acne scars.
Smile lines and acne scars show immediate improvement upon injection and continue to fill out over time as your body produces new collagen to attach to the PMMA beads. Some providers offer
Bellafill injections to treat other problem areas:
• Lip filler for plumping the lips
• Slight nose correction, such as a deviation
• Reduction of undereye bags
• Facial contouring around the chin
• Filling of the cheeks
Visit Your Trusted Bellafill Tampa Provider
If you have searched “Bellafill near me” in the Tampa area, you have probably come across the trusted professionals at Arviv Medical Aesthetics.
An experienced internal medicine physician specializing in aesthetics, Dr. Tali is ready to become your Bellafill Tampa source. Contact Arviv Medical Aesthetics today to set up a consultation with a team member, ask any questions about the Bellafill injection procedure, or schedule your Bellafill appointment today.
Prices are subject to change and personalized prices will be provided upon consultation.
- Notify us of any products containing aspirin or ibuprofen Coumadin, Warfarin, Lovenox, Plavix, Pletal, Ticlid, Trental and Vitamin E prior to treatment with Nerve Blockers in order to minimize any chance of bruising. You may be asked to hold off on taking these.
- Sunburned skin is difficult to treat so avoid exposure to the sun.
- You may take Arnica with Bromelain before and after treatment to help with bruising and inflammation. We offer it in our office.
DERMAL FILLERS POST-TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
- Avoid excessive heat such as saunas, hot showers, the hot sun or cooking over a hot stove. This may cause the blood vessels to dilate and cause more bleeding and bruising.
- Avoid strenuous exercise after the procedure. This may raise your blood pressure and pulse causing more bruising and swelling.
- Avoid direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time. Wear sunblock to protect your skin. Sunlight may cause permanent discoloration after bruising.
- Avoid drinking alcohol for 24 hours after treatment. Alcohol may cause the blood vessels to dilate and cause more bruising.
- Avoid taking Advil, Vitamin E, Ginger, Ginko, Bilboa, Ginseng, and Garlic for 2 weeks after the procedure since this may increase the risk of bruising. You may shower and do most other regular daily activities.
- You may apply makeup after the procedure.
- You may apply cold compresses to the treatment sites to reduce swelling and bruising.
- We recommend Arnica Montana pills or gel to prevent bruising.
- Note that any bumps or marks from the extremely small needle sticks will go away within a few hours. Bruising and swelling are common. If you do develop a bruise it will resolve like any other bruise up to two weeks. There is occasionally some mild pain, swelling, itching, or redness at the site of injection similar to most other injections. Redness may last for 1-2 days, rarely longer.
BOTOX/XEOMIN/DYSPORT (NERVE BLOCKERS) POST-TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
- After treatment, you must remain upright for 4 hours. Keep your head as erect as possible during this time and avoid bending down/lying down.
- Try to exercise your treated muscles for 1-2 hours after treatment (e.g., practice frowning, raising your eyebrows, or squinting). This helps to work the Nerve Blocker into your muscles. Although this is thought to help, it will NOT impact your treatment negatively if you forget to do this.
- For six hours after treatment, do not rub the injection sites, do not exercise, do not wear a hat or a headband, and do not wash or style your hair.
- Be assured that any tiny bumps or marks will go away within a few hours. If you need to apply make-up within 4 hours after your treatment, only use a GENTLE touch to avoid rubbing the treated area.
- Results of your treatment may take up to 14 days to take full effect. Please wait until the 14 days has passed before assessing if you are pleased with the result.