Call 813-855-0111 to schedule your consultation with our Tampa office.
Laser hair removal is a process in which hair follicles are treated with laser light, resulting in permanent hair reduction or removal. Laser hair removal is safe (FDA cleared-remove this), effective, and provides long-lasting results. With the introduction of advanced laser technology, waxing, razor bumps and painful electrolysis are finally becoming a thing of the past.
Arviv Medical uses Laser Hair Removal technology from Syneron-Candela. The laser penetrates the hair follicle with light energy, destroying it at its root while preserving the surrounding skin. It is state-of-the-art, FDA cleared laser technology. This allows us to safely treat all skin types while delivering high-quality laser hair removal results. This laser machine is 2 lasers in 1, the alexandrite and the Nd-yag. Whether you have light skin or dark skin, the technician can adjust the settings to can treat your hair safely.The most common treated areas for women include legs, bikini, underarms, upper lip and stomach and the most common treated areas for men are facial hair, ears, shoulders, back and chest.
Removing unwanted hair can be aggravating. Shaving can leave unsightly red bumps or ingrown hairs, and some hard to reach areas are easy to cut or miss completely. Waxing isn’t much better. It’s painful and can irritate delicate skin. Depilatories are messy and don’t always work the first time. But laser hair removal changes all that.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
As one of the most common cosmetic procedures performed in the US, laser hair removal doesn’t have any of the above side effects and lasts much longer than any other hair removal method (except for electrolysis, which can be painful and time-consuming). Removing hair with a laser has several benefits:
- Precision: the laser used in the removal process targets hair follicles with melanin in them, and leaves the surrounding skin unharmed.
- Timing: This type of hair removal can be done quickly with small areas like the upper lip taking just a few minutes and larger areas like the back taking up to an hour.
- Predictable: Laser hair removal takes about three to seven sessions to produce permanent hair loss.
How Laser Hair Removal Works at Arviv Medical Aesthetics Tampa
At Arviv Medical Aesthetics in Tampa, we use a state-of-the-art laser combination by Syneron-Candela – the Nd: YAG (neodymium-doped yttrium, aluminum, and garnet) laser and the alexandrite for the hair removal process. This high-quality laser technology allows us to treat all skin types and both light and dark skin pigmentation.
The laser removes hair by targeting the melanin located in each hair follicle. The melanin absorbs the light and heats up, destroying the follicle in the process. Our hair grows in cycles and in order for the laser to be able to target the follicle cells, hair needs to be in an active growing cycle.
This is why several sessions are needed to produce permanent hair removal. We need to target the hair as it grows.
COMMON TREATED AREAS
The most common treated areas for women include legs, bikini, underarms, upper lip and stomach and the most common treated areas for men are facial hair, ears, shoulders, back and chest.
SMALL BODY AREAS
Jawline (under chin)
MEDIUM BODY AREAS
Bikini 2″ out
LARGE BODY AREAS
Buttocks (no perianal)
Scalp (no neck)
PER TREATMENT / PER 6 TREATMENTS
$65 / $325 SMALL AREA
$99 / $495 MEDIUM AREA
$139 / $675 LARGE AREA
$600 / $2950+ Full Body Female
$680 / $3400 + FULL BODY FOR MEN
TOUCH UP PRICING (after 10 treatments only)
$50 / Small Area
$60 / Medium Area
$70 / Large Area
$200 Per Full Body (under touch up pricing)
Prices are subject to change and personalized prices will be provided upon consultation.
LASER HAIR REMOVAL TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
- Two weeks prior to treatment, discontinue using all alpha hydroxyl acid products (those containing glycolic or lactic acid), salicylic acid products, retinoids (Retin A, Renova, Differin, and Tazorac) and other topical acne medications such as benzoyl peroxide. If in doubt about using any product, please discontinue it and discuss with us at your appointment. No antibiotics and/or any photosensitive medications may be used during the time of treatment.
- Shave the treatment area 1 or 2 days before laser hair removal.
- Laser treatments are not recommended for tanned patients until the tan has faded. Sun exposure must be avoided between treatments for a minimum of three weeks before treatments. This includes sun exposure and tanning booths. Artificial tanning products must be discontinued two weeks prior to treatments. Always use a sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher throughout the course of your laser treatments.
- Do not pluck, wax or tweeze hairs lasered throughout the course of your laser treatments.
- Patients with a history of herpes should be take an oral antiviral medication (Zovirax or Famvir) the day before treatment. Laser heat can trigger and/or reactivate the virus in the same way as sun, stress, and fever. Consult with your physician if you need a prescription.
- At the time of treatment, laser protective glasses MUST be worn.
- If consuming any hormone stimulating or anti-depression medication, client MUST notify Technician prior to treatment.
- No DIRECT Sun Exposure or Tanning three weeks after laser treatment. Always use a sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher with ZINC oxide.
- Extra hygiene care at home is may be required.
- DO NOT pluck, wax or tweeze hairs being treated with laser.
- Redness and swelling of the follicles/tissue may appear and can remain for 15 minutes up to few hours.
- To reduce swelling, application of Hydrocortisone 1% or an antibiotic cream.
- If scabbing, pustules or follicle inflammation appear, apply Hydrocortisone 1% or an antibiotic cream such as Neosporin or Polypore for 2-3 days after the treatment and contact our office immediately.
- DO NOT PICK SCABS for proper healing of the skin.
- When treating facial area: Make up MUST be removed and can be used day after the treatment.
- DO NOT TOUCH, RUB, and SCRATCH OR PICK the treated area.
- Complete hair clearance can take 10-20 days after laser procedure.
Why Trust Arviv medical Aesthetics
Dr. Tali Arviv is board-certified in internal medicine with her specialty in safe and effective aesthetic medicine. She is the director of Arviv Medical Aesthetics and has over ten years of experience in laser technology. Dr. Arviv knows medical procedures can cause anxiety and ensures that all your questions are answered by spending as much time with you as needed. She’ll also work with you to create a personalized treatment plan.
For more information about Tampa laser hair removal cost and pricing information, or if you have general questions, contact us today. Our caring and knowledgeable staff can walk you through the process, prepare you for your appointment with Dr. Arviv, and answer any questions you may have.