Call our Miami office at 305-340-9002 to schedule your consultation.
In the United States, the most widely used liposuction procedure is called tumescent liposuction, which is an outpatient treatment that allows for quicker recovery times and does not require anesthesia.
Our tumescent liposuction treatments are performed by our highly skilled professional surgeons in our Miami office. With our targeted approach, our doctors can expertly remove fat masses from areas including the:
- Neck and Back
- Thighs and Buttocks
- Knees, Calves, and Ankles
We cover all methods of liposuction in our Miami office: Regular liposuction, power assisted liposuction, laser liposuction, and smart liposuction.
During your consultation with Dr. Arviv, it is important to make sure you get all of your questions answered. Here are a few things you can do to make your consultation goes more smoothly and ensure your questions get answered:
- Write down any questions or concerns you may have about the procedure before your appointment.
- Bring a list of any medications or dietary supplements you take as well as any allergies to medications you may have.
- During the consultation, Dr. Arviv will examine the skin of the area to be treated and perform a full physical examination.
Tumescent Liposuction Procedure
While the actual procedure is being conducted, an anesthetic solution, which softens fat cells, will be used to make the fat deposits easier to remove. This solution will also contain epinephrine, which will decrease the amount of bleeding in the area and minimize bruising, pain and swelling after the operation.
A small incision in the skin is made to allow a sterilized cannula to enter into the fat layer of skin. The cannula is moved back and forth through the incision to remove the hardened fat. The fat travels through a sterile tube into a container that collets the fat.
After the fat has been removed, the incision is covered and you will wear an elastic compression outfit designed to help support the skin while it heals and reduce swelling. Most procedures last between two and five hours. You will remain in our recovery area after the procedure for about one hour before going home.
Fat Transfer Procedure
Fat transfer can be used to help fill lines and wrinkles in your skin. As its name suggests, fat is transferred from one part of your body to another. Typically, this fat is taken from the neck or abdomen, as part of the liposuction procedure and held in a sterile container and then reinserted in the area to be filled. We do not remove fat under general anesthesia, only local.
Walking is recommended to minimize the risk of blood clots and other complications. However, exercise and labor-intensive work should be avoided for three to seven days after the procedure.
Swelling in the surgical area is normal but should subside in four to seven days. Within the first one to two weeks, most people can see results, but some patients may take three to six months to see the final results.
As with any surgical procedure, there can be complications, but they are typically rare. Common complications such as lumpiness, skin irregularities, dimpling, loose skin, numbness, infections, and scarring can occur after the procedure and in most cases these can be easily corrected.
The local anesthetic injected into the fatty tissue lasts for about 24 hours following surgery. This greatly minimizes post-operative pain. Once this wears off, most patients experience some discomfort that is usually managed with Tylenol.
Most patients are alert and able to function without nausea or grogginess. Walking is encouraged immediately after the procedure to enhance healing. You may resume exercise three to seven days after the procedure. If your job does not involve heavy physical labor, you can usually return to work within a few days.
Most of the swelling goes down in a few days. Although you will see improvement within one to two weeks, it takes at least three to four months, and in some cases as long as six months, to see the treatment’s full benefit.
Like all surgery, tumescent liposuction carries both benefits and risks. Complications are rare and typically minor. The most common include skin irregularity, lumpiness, dimpling, loose skin, numbness, infections and scarring. If these do occur, in most cases they can be easily corrected.
PREOPERATIVE ULTRASOUND-ASSISTED LIPO INSTRUCTIONS
- Two days prior to treatment, discontinue using any topical medications. If in doubt about using any product, please discontinue it and discuss with the practitioner at your appointment.
- Shave before appointment.
- If you have a history of herpes simplex virus (cold sores or fever blisters), in rare instances a reactivation of this condition could occur after treatment. Please inform your nurse or physician so that an anti-viral medication can be prescribed before the treatment.
- During the first 5 days post treatment, care should be taken to prevent trauma to the treated site: avoid scrubs, clarisonics, luffas, microderm crystals, wash cloths or anything abrasive. any mechanical or thermal damage to the area must be avoided.
- Anything that produces heat in the skin should be avoided for five days: hot baths, steam rooms, saunas, hot showers, UV exposure, and hot tubs. the gym should also be avoided for 24-48 hours.
- Cleanse the skin the following morning post treatment with our gentle cleanser. The skin should be kept clean (cleanse twice a day) to avoid contamination or infection.
Prices are subject to change and personalized prices will be provided upon consultation.