Call 813-855-0111 to schedule your consultation at our Tampa office.
INTIMATE AREA LIGHTENING
Intimate are lightening is a process of lightening the color of the skin. It helps make the color more uniform with skin color. It started in the adult entertainment field to make the male and female areas look better on camera, especially with high definition televisions. Hollywood film stars soon adopted this treatment once nudity became more prevalent in movies. When Brazilian waxing and laser hair removal became popular (where all pubic hair is removed), intimate lightening became more mainstream. People noticed the skin’s discoloration (which is common and normal), and felt the need that this area needs to match the color of the rest of their skin.
Discoloration of the anal and vaginal areas can be caused by aging, ethnic skin, hormonal changes from pregnancy, infections and medical conditions. In general, anything that produces heat, inflammation, laceration, and friction may cause hyperpigmentation, also known as Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIH). Melanin, a pigment naturally produced by our bodies, darkens skin color as a natural protectant from the sun. The more melanin produced, the darker the skin.
The whole in-office treatment takes about 20 minutes. Depending on how dark your skin is, you may need to reapply a number of times to see results. Post-care kits are available for maintenance post-treatment, however, additional treatments from time to time may be required.
INTIMATE AREA LIGHTING INSTRUCTIONS
- Two days prior to treatment, discontinue using any topical medications. If in doubt about using any product, please discontinue it and discuss with the practitioner at your appointment.
- Shave before appointment.
- If you have a history of herpes simplex virus (cold sores or fever blisters), in rare instances a reactivation of this condition could occur after treatment. Please inform your nurse or physician so that an anti-viral medication can be prescribed before the treatment.
- During the first 5 days post treatment, care should be taken to prevent trauma to the treated site: avoid scrubs, clarisonics, luffas, microderm crystals, wash cloths or anything abrasive. any mechanical or thermal damage to the area must be avoided.
- Anything that produces heat in the skin should be avoided for five days: hot baths, steam rooms, saunas, hot showers, UV exposure, and hot tubs. the gym should also be avoided for 24-48 hours.
- Cleanse the skin the following morning post treatment with our gentle cleanser. The skin should be kept clean (cleanse twice a day) to avoid contamination or infection.
$140 – 1 Treatment