HAUTE BEAUTY: MARCH EDITION
By: Dr. Tali Arviv, MD
You probably have been hearing a lot of talk about PRP. PRP is short for Platelet Rich Plasma. PRP is, in a way, a method of self-healing, as it uses your own blood, therefore minimizing the risk of infections or rejection.
The PRP contains up to five times more proteins, platelets, and growth factors to promote healing and regeneration of the tissues. These properties have been known to medicine for years by helping to heal tendons, joints, and ligaments damaged through injury. PRP can also be used to help heal diabetic ulcers and even regrow bones and muscles. The same technology is now being used in cosmetic medicine to help reduce wrinkles on the face and improve the appearance in other places on the body. Treatments can be combined for maximum impact with minimal procedures and minimal downtime.
The clinician begins by drawing blood from the patient, which is run through a centrifuge (a machine that quickly rotates) to separate the plasma from the platelets. The plasma (PRP) is injected back into your skin, or the clinician may use a process called micro-needling. The PRP stimulates a localized stem cell response to produce new tissue. Over time, the stem cell response calls on fibroblasts, which are specific kinds of cells that produce collagen. The fibroblasts replace the damaged tissue with new, healthy skin.
Rejuvenation through PRP appeals to those looking for a natural solution rather than a chemical one. Blood vessels, skin, and nerves are renewed using components of your own blood. As an added bonus, the procedure involves no downtime, so you can get back to your busy life right away. With the judicious use of anesthesia, PRP injections come with minimal discomfort.
If you struggle with any of the following issues, PRP may be right for you!
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Skin tightening
- Loss of collagen and skin volume
- Dark circles under eyes or “Crow’s feet”
- Acne scars
- Redness from rosacea or similar skin conditions
- Sagging breasts
- Hair loss
- Decreased male and female sexual performance
At Arviv Aesthetics, we offer the following PRP procedures:
- Vampire Facial ® involves microneedling and PRP applied topically.
- Vampire Facial with Injections ® uses both microneedling with HA, peptides, and PRP topically, but PRP injections are added to target certain areas that the client wishes to focus on.
- Vampire Facelifts ® use PRP injections to address skin and problem areas.
- Vampire Breast lifts ® combine micro needling, PRP injections, and Hyaluronic acid to revitalize the decollate or breast area.
- Studio Scalp ® PRP is used to increase hair growth. Thirty minutes of Infrared therapy, Microneedling, and PRP injections are applied to the scalp along with the additional option for Acell growth factors.
- O-Shots ® are injections given into the G-spots and clitoris and peri-urethral to wake up blood vessels, nerves, and sensitivity to climax. This procedure can also improve urinary leakage. For the best results, we may recommend Apex M, which does your Kegel exercises for you. The strength of the muscles in the vaginal walls is improved, as well as laxity, sensitivity, and urinary incontinence.
- P-Shots ® are a series of four injections into the penis to improve sensitivity, blood flow, appearance, and firmness of erection.
Contact us today to find out if PRP might be the answer you’ve been looking to find.