Shaving and waxing are the most common methods of removing body hair, but there are better solutions. Those who shave using razors risk having razor burns, ingrown hairs, and patchy spots, and it is hard to reach some hairy areas without help. Waxing, on the other hand, is painful and risks skin irritation and post-wax breakouts. What’s more, these two hair removal methods are not long-term solutions, as hair grows back in a few days or weeks.
Fortunately, there is an easy, permanent solution to unwanted body hair: laser hair removal. This article explains all you need to know about men’s laser hair removal. It will help you decide whether it is the best hair removal solution for you and help you prepare should you decide to go for it.
More Information on Laser Hair Removal for Men:
What Is Laser Hair Removal and How Does it Work?
Laser hair removal is a procedure that involves aiming a concentrated beam of light (traditionally called a laser) at the skin to remove unwanted hair and prevent it from growing back.
During laser hair removal, the laser bypasses the epidermis and targets the hair follicles, which produce hairs. The melanin in the hair follicles absorbs the light and converts it to heat, damaging the follicles. This damage prevents or delays future hair growth. It takes several sessions for the hair to stop growing completely.
Our professionals can perform laser hair removal on any body part except areas surrounding the eyes. However, the most popular laser hair removal services for men are:
Back & Shoulder Laser Hair Removal
When shaving, your back and shoulders are some of the hardest areas to reach, and waxing can be painful and uncomfortable to go through several times a year. Back and shoulder laser hair removal will eliminate the hairs at the roots to prevent uncomfortable ingrown hairs and messy patchy spots.
Chest & Stomach Laser Hair Removal
Chest and stomach hairs can make you feel hot and uncomfortable, in addition to making it hard to wear low-cut shirts. You can’t risk waxing breakouts or ingrown hairs on your chest, as they can be painful when they rub against your shirt. And as your chest and stomach hairs grow again, they rub against the fabric, irritating the skin.
Chest and stomach hair removal is a permanent solution that doesn’t cause ingrown hairs or irritation. It eliminates the need to groom whenever you want to wear a low-cut shirt or go shirtless.
Neck, Face, Unibrow, Ear Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal for men’s neck, face, ears, and unibrows helps you save time by never requiring to shave every day or a few days. It improves your look by eliminating razor cuts, ingrown hairs, or patches. After laser hair removal, men’s faces become smooth without razor burns or scars.
Other Body Areas Laser Hair Removal for Men
Other than areas around your eyelids, laser hair removal works all over the body. Other popular areas for men who get laser hair removal include the underarms, legs, and buttocks. It can give you smooth skin all over the body permanently.
Laser Hair Removal Treatment Instructions
Though the laser hair removal procedure is pretty straightforward, you should discuss the necessary pre-treatment steps with your practitioner. At Arviv Medical Aesthetics in Tampa, Florida, we recommend the pre-and post-treatment instructions below.
- Two weeks before treatment, discontinue using all alpha hydroxyl acid products, salicylic acid products, retinoids, and other topical acne medications. Don’t use antibiotics or any photosensitive medications during treatment.
- Shave the treatment area 1 or 2 days before laser hair removal.
- If you are tanned, wait until the tan is faded. Avoid sun exposure for at least three weeks before treatment.
- Do not pluck, wax, or tweeze hairs lasered throughout your laser treatments.
- If you have a history of herpes, take an oral antiviral medication one day before the treatment.
- You must wear laser-protective glasses at the time of treatment.
- Notify the technician if you are consuming hormone-stimulating or anti-depression medication.
- Always use a sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher with ZINC oxide and avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for three weeks.
- DO NOT pluck, wax, or tweeze hairs being treated with laser.
- You may experience redness and swelling of the follicles/tissue for 15 minutes up to a few hours post-treatment.
- You can reduce swelling, scabbing, pustules, or follicle inflammation by applying Hydrocortisone 1% or an antibiotic cream.
- Do not pick scabs.
- Do not touch, rub, scratch or pick the treated area.
Find the Best Men’s Laser Hair Removal in Tampa
Laser hair removal for men can help remove unwanted hair and smoothen your skin permanently. You will no longer waste time grooming, nursing the pain of waxing, or dealing with ingrown hairs and patchy spots.
Men in Tampa, Florida, can find the best laser hair removal services at Arviv Medical Aesthetics. We are one of the most established practices in Westchase of Tampa Bay and Midtown, Miami, with a new office in Ocala. We use cutting-edge laser technology made by Syneron-Candela to permanently rid you of unwanted hair without damaging your skin.
Call us at (813) 855-0111 to schedule a consultation about our laser hair removal services for men.
Image Source: Albina Gavrilovic / Shutterstock
Image Source: Andrey_Popov / Shutterstock
Prices are subject to change and personalized prices will be provided upon consultation.