Sometimes we look back on our tattoos and realize that they are no longer a perfect representation of who are or want to be. When this thought strikes, many people begin to consider laser tattoo removal. The good news is that tattoo removal in Tampa has become very common and the technology has improved greatly in the last few years.
PicoWay® Laser Tattoo Removal in Tampa
PicoWay® is the latest tattoo removal technology, utilizing ultrafast bursts of light to break up ink particles and flush them out of the body. Unlike traditional lasers, PicoWay® is far less painful and significantly more dependable. Thanks to the targeted light of the PicoWay® laser, your tattoo will begin fading right away, and you can get back to enjoying those Central Florida beaches with confidence.
It is called PicoWay® because each burst of light is measured in pico-seconds, or a trillionth of a second. This allows the laser to break down the ink particles in your skin without burning the outermost layer of skin so you can recover faster than ever.
What Makes PicoWay® Different?
Traditional laser removal techniques are less targeted and less efficient. They are often unable to treat specific colors or work on specific skin tones. In addition, they leave behind small ink particles that they don’t break up, and often cause burning or blistering due to the intensity of the lasers.
PicoWay® uses a newer technology that is more effective at reaching even the tiniest ink particles and knocking them out. It is also compatible with any color tattoo and any skin tone. Since the bursts of light are significantly shorter with PicoWay®, the entire process is more comfortable and recovery time is reduced.
In addition, PicoWay® Laser Tattoo Removal in Tampa begins working faster than any other technology and accomplishes more with each and every treatment so you need fewer treatment sessions to get the job done. In fact, your appointments will typically be less than 20 minutes so you can even sneak in a treatment during your lunch break.
Our New PicoWay® Resolve treatment is an ideal treatment for pigmentation and skin irregularities.
PicoWay® Resolve treatment can easily be the solution to prettier skin. Since each treatment typically lasts for less than 20 minutes, you can easily schedule an appointment during your lunch break. After a treatment, you can get right back to your busy day.
96% of lesions had good to complete clearance***.
86% of patients were satisfied with their results***.
*Unpublished data on file.
** Data from Literature survey.
***IRB Approved Clinical Study.
Tattoo Removal in Tampa with Arviv Medical Aesthetics
If you’re unhappy with your aging tattoos, now is the time to contact Arviv Medical Aesthetics in Tampa for laser treatment. Our friendly staff is here to answer any of your questions and help you choose a laser treatment best suited to your needs. Call (813) 855-0111 today and schedule your free consultation at our Tampa location to discuss cost/pricing information and your specific goals.
LASER TATTOO REMOVAL INSTRUCTIONS
We cannot treat suntanned or self-tanner/spray-tanned skin due to increased complications. You must wait 2 to 3 weeks until tan coloring fades.
- Keep treated area out of the sun for at least 2 weeks prior to treatment. A minimum SPF30 or greater (UVA/UVB) should be used for any sun exposure during your treatments prior to going outside. Sunblock is preferred to sunscreen. KEEP IT COVERED if in the sun.
- Shave area the day prior to or on the day of the treatment (if applicable).
- To minimize any discomfort, we recommend that you take Tylenol a couple of hours prior to the procedure.
- Pain medications such as Motrin, Aspirin and Alieve thin blood and promote bruising and, therefore, should be avoided 3 to 7 days before treatment.
- No Accutane, Retin-A, Retinols, AHA’s or other topical acid products on the skin.
- Do not consume caffeine or any other stimulating substances the day of treatment.
- Do not have your laser tattoo removal treatment done under the influence of alcohol or drugs. This can cause thinning of the blood, which can lead to increased bleeding and other more serious problems.
- Notify us of any medical changes.
- Treatment can be scheduled 4-6 weeks apart.
The tattoo removal laser treatment may create a superficial burn wound. There is immediate whitening of the treated area, which usually lasts for several minutes. Then the tattoo will be slightly swollen and look normal in 24 hours. The ink will start to fade in 3-4 weeks. Healing is usually complete within 4 weeks, although this may vary.
- Keep the treated area clean and dry while it is healing. Clean the area gently with soap and water and then pat the area dry. You may apply a thin coating of ointment up to three times a day for 3 days while the area is healing and you should keep the area moist with aquaphor for 48 hours.
- Blistering is may occur and is likely to occur within 8 hours after your treatment. Do not be alarmed as blisters heal very well and are part of the normal healing process. Blisters indicate your body’s immune system is healing the area and beginning to remove the ink from your tattoo. It is natural for blisters to pop, and please continue to cover with a sterile bandage until blisters have healed. Continue to put antibiotic ointment over the blisters once they have popped for at least 24 hours. Avoid pool, hot tub, beack or public water until healed to reduce risk of infections.
- You may apply cool compresses as necessary for 24 hours after the laser treatment to help reduce discomfort and inflammation.
- Do not pick at the scabs, as this may result in infection and scarring. Shaving should be avoided in the treated area until it is completely healed.
- Feel free to shower 2 hours after the treatment, but take care to avoid high pressure water hitting the treated area. Baths, hot tubs, swimming pool, or any form of soaking are not recommended until all blistering and scabbing are completely healed as they may increase the risk of infection.
- Exercise is generally safe after treatment taking into account the other aftercare instructions provided herein.
- Wear a sunblock with an SPF of 30 or higher over the area for duration of 2-3 weeks after the treatment and continuously until you complete all treatments. Do not wear makeup or any cream or medication on or near the treated area unless recommended by our office for 24 hours.
- Itching is very common due to the dehydrating effect of the laser treatment. Use Aquaphor, Vitamin E ointment, or hydrocortisone cream to the treatment area.
- If the area looks infected (honey colored crusting, pus, and oozing or spreading redness), if you experience an unusual discomfort or bleeding, if any other complications develop, or if you have any questions or concerns, contact the office immediately.
- Of course, if you have any extreme reaction, call 911 and to the emergency department.
If any problems should occur after your treatment, the following measures should be taken:
- Inform a representative at our office immediately after a reaction has occurred or within 24 hours of any side effects such as burns, infection, bleeding, allergic reaction, blisters, scabbing, crusting, skin color and/or textural changes. If immediate care is needed, a physician will evaluate the patient and necessary treatment will be provided. If you do not contact the office within 24 hours you will be held liable for any permanent skin changes that may occur. You should wait 12 months before determining that a skin condition is permanent.
- Fill out a form with the physician describing in full detail what type of symptoms or side effects are present. This will be done in ALL cases that have any type of symptoms or side effects.
- All treatments will stop until all issues are resolved and the patient will be reassessed before further treatments will be provided.
- If it is decided by the physician that the client cannot continue treatments, a refund will be provided. If this should occur, the client MUST explain the reasons why he/she does not want to continue their treatments and MUST complete the required form to file a complaint. Each case will be evaluated and addressed individually.
- If I choose to or need to go to another physician for medical treatment rather than Dr. Arviv, I hereby consent to releasing the medical records from that physician/facility to Dr. Arviv, along with photos of my problem.
PicoWay® Laser Tattoo Removal FAQs
We understand that the decision to remove a tattoo can be difficult and complex, so we are here to provide the information you need to make an educated decision. We will answer some of the most commonly asked questions about laser tattoo removal offered in all three Arviv Medical Aesthetics locations.
Is laser tattoo removal safe?
When considering laser tattoo removal, safety is one of the most important factors to consider. Luckily, laser tattoo removal is considered safe. For instance, PicoWay® Laser Tattoo Removal is a revolutionary tattoo removal technique that has been proven to be safe and effective for fading and removing tattoos quickly and with minimal discomfort.
PicoWay® Laser Tattoo Removal works with any skin tone and can be used to remove tattoos of any type and color – even those that other methods may have failed to remove. The PicoWay® laser uses ultra-short pulses of energy to break up the ink particles in your tattoo into tiny fragments. These fragments are then eliminated through your body’s natural elimination processes. This means that the procedure is safe and doesn’t cause any long-term damage to the skin.
How much does laser tattoo removal cost?
The cost of tattoo removal PicoWay® varies depending on several factors, such as the size of the tattoo, the colors used in the tattoo, and how many sessions may be needed to remove it fully.
Generally speaking, the cost of laser tattoo removal can range from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. If you have questions about the cost of laser tattoo removal, be sure to talk to us about any special offers we may have or the financing options we have available for you.
Is PicoWay® right for me?
Are you looking for an effective laser treatment that is gentle on the skin and requires minimal downtime? PicoWay® may be the right choice for you. This revolutionary tattoo removal method is a great option for those who are looking for a gentle yet effective laser treatment with minimal downtime.
If you are in Tampa and considering tattoo removal, it is important to consult with a PicoWay® treatment provider. During your appointment, the provider will be able to assess your skin’s needs and discuss the potential benefits, risks, and results you may expect from the treatment. They can also explain how the treatment works, answer any questions you have, and provide you with a personalized treatment plan to meet your individual needs.
Who is this procedure not right for?
PicoWay® is an FDA-cleared laser treatment that is commonly used to treat a variety of skin conditions, including acne scars, wrinkles, and dark spots. While PicoWay® may be effective in some cases, it is not designed for hair removal. Hair removal is a more specialized form of laser treatment and requires a different kind of laser than what is used in PicoWay®.
By talking to a PicoWay® treatment provider, you can be sure that you’re making an informed decision about your treatment. They will be able to evaluate your individual skin type and condition, as well as any other factors that may impact the effectiveness of the treatment for you. They will also be able to recommend the best type of PicoWay® laser for your needs and provide guidance on how to prepare for and care for your skin after the treatment.
How soon can I expect to see results?
If you’re concerned about how long it will take to see results after undergoing tattoo removal, you’ll be pleased to know that you can expect to see results relatively quickly. Depending on the condition you’re treating, you can see initial improvement after just one treatment. For most cases, however, multiple treatments are necessary to achieve the desired results.
The exact number of treatments you’ll need to see full results will depend on a number of factors, including the size, shape, and color of the tattoo, as well as the age and general condition of your skin.
Are you ready to make an appointment with a PicoWay® treatment provider in the Tampa Bay area? Contact the Westchase, Tampa location for Arviv Medical Aesthetics today!